What We Do
We do this work because of you, and we can't do it without you.
Brightspot is proud to support clients with the following areas of expertise: strategic planning, fund development, board development, grant writing, and social media and communications. We believe these capabilities are essential to a strong, thriving organization and we aim to provide them in a high-quality, but cost-sensitive way.
We believe consulting services should be accessible and transparent.
We offer complimentary consultations for all new client projects so we get a chance to know one another and assess if we're the right team for you. We are proud to say our project costs are based on a sliding scale fee tied to organizational budget size and our basic grant and development service packages start at $2,500. There's a lot more to it, so to discuss packages, explore tailored services, or discuss longer-term support just ask.
"The place is always here. The time is always now." This statement inspires our strategic planning work. No matter the size or resources of an organization, assessing where you are today, looking where you want to go, and crafting a plan to get there can be a challenge but it's one that we are eager to take on. The end result is a meaningful, feasible plan to bring an organization to the next level.
- Strategic planning design, preparation, retreat facilitation
- Written strategic plan and detailed Excel-based workflow
- Evaluation metrics for strategic plan measurement
Whether just launching a fundraising effort or looking to amplify a seasoned operation, we help organizations to build sustainable streams of revenue. After gaining a better understanding of current operations, Brightspot guides clients on how to best invest their organizational resources to take their development work to the next level.
- Development operations and database audit to evaluate current systems and protocols
- Creation of 6, 12, or 18-month annual development plans with detailed workflow
- Implementation meetings to support the development plan
- Planned giving, membership, or major donor programs
We understand that nonprofit boards come in many shapes and sizes, some needing general support on board responsibilities and best practices, others needing specific, fine-tuning. We also recognize that a key to success for any organization is identifying, developing, and empowering the right people in the right roles. Brightspot is experienced in facilitating board trainings, delivering board orientations, crafting board handbooks, refining governance practices, conducting development coaching, and more. Your board members are your most dedicated volunteers - let's realize their full potential.
- Board recruitment or orientation strategy
- Board handbook
- Board facilitation and training
- Refreshed committee descriptions and work plans
Grant Writing & Management
"When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into writing." At Brightspot, we take great pride in crafting your organization’s story so that it balances technicality and heart. To that end, Brightspot provides as-needed and on-going grant support and excels in refreshing, revamping, or building grant programs - all while minimizing the workload of the organization's paid staff.
- Extensive prospect research
- Comprehensive and easy-to-navigate grant calendars
- Versatile grant templates
- Tailored grant submissions and grant reports
- Grant tracking support
- Cultivation and stewardship plan for grantors
- Staff training to support in-house grant training
Social Media & Communications
Social media is only one leg of a stable marketing stool, but - when done effectively - it offers an unrivaled opportunity to connect in personal and authentic ways with your target audience. Given the ease with which many platforms integrate with fundraising efforts (ex. online giving, Facebook fundraisers, checking-in, live-streaming) social media is also a relevant piece of a solid development plan. Brightspot's social media audit will assess your current efforts, identify areas of opportunity, and set you on a path of greater audience engagement that can be sustained over time.
- Conduct an audit of social media practices and prepare a summary of findings and suggest recommendations
- Set-up of social media pages and accounts
- Creation of social media posting calendar and design plan
- Customized branding and social engagement guidelines